Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Children's Letters to the Loser #6

Dear Complete and Total Loser,
Kids at school tease me because I'm fat. A lot of them are fat, too, but I'm fatter than they are. I try not to eat too much but I can't help it. My parents are fat and they make me eat all my meals because they say it's bad to waste food. Please help.
Samantha

Dear Samantha,
You don't say how old you are, but if I were you I'd do something about this situation as soon as possible. The eating habits you acquire when young are hard to break and may be with you for life. You don't mention exercise. The next time you're in your room reading a book, try standing up and walking in place while you're doing it. I know it's not a marathon, but it's exercise nonetheless. Small moves, Samantha. 
And I have to do something here I dislike doing: Recommend that an outside counselor become involved and talk with you and your parents together. I like people to solve their own problems whenever possible, but when parents are making you do something that's leading to an unhealthy situation, extra help is needed. 
Your friend,
The Complete and Total Loser

No comments:

Post a Comment