Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Children's Letters to the Loser #7

Dear Complete and Total Loser,
I feel sad more than other kids. I don't really have a reason to feel this way, but I do. Do you have any advice?
Bailey

Dear Bailey,
It's normal to feel sad sometimes. For some, it's normal to feel sad lots of times. I know someone named Catlin who is always happy and optimistic, always smiling. She told me her parents are that way, too. I wish I were more like her, but I'm not. To some extent, our moods are like anything else about us; they're set. Some people are tall, some aren't, some have blue eyes, some have brown eyes. We can change our moods to a degree if we work at learning how to see things that make us sad in different ways, but we can't make ourselves be completely different people from what we are forever. If your sadness keeps you from doing things like getting out of bed and other everyday activities it is called depression and you may need to seek help from your parents or someone you trust at school. 
Your friend,
The Complete and Total Loser

No comments:

Post a Comment