Sunday, November 18, 2018

Five days later

The results of the tests I've been getting every three months are done in a day but when five days passed without getting them and hearing the guy I called to ask about this say that if the results were "sensitive" it may take longer I was ... what's the right word? "Anxious" doesn't seem to do it. When I was a kid I'd have said "shitting bricks," but I'm too old now (sixty) to say such things. "Perturbed" might be all right, but sounds too low-level and is stuffy, too. 
Anyway, I just got them and I'm happy to say that they indicated that I'll be around for at least another several months. It's odd to read something with the word "no" in it so many times and take it as good news. It's also a little sad that when I see the word "stable"—I do have bad stuff going on inside me—I'm happy. 
Meanwhile, family drama. A dispute with a brother over my behavior. Wait, that sounds wrong; it sounds like I've been getting drunk at parties and breaking things. It's about my anger at how while I was hospitalized my sisters-in-law threw out things that meant much to me. (Note to all: Never do that.)
My brother got quite agitated, waving his arms around and, for some reason, mimicking me. Honestly, I don't sound weird or anything. He was more doing it as a tactic, I think. I've never done that. Yes, I've done impressions of people behind their backs, but often as a compliment to them, though if that were true I'd do it in front of them so I'm being weasely saying that. You got me. Still, I'd never do it to him or anyone else, no matter how angry I was.
Family trouble. Shit. I'm not going to think about it. I got good news today.
Meanwhile, tomorrow I go in for an MRI of my prostate gland. This will involve something not suitable to discuss in mixed company.
Highs where I live, southeastern Pennsylvania, won't get out of the forties for the foreseeable future, and it will freeze almost nightly. This time of year, at this location, this is the kind of weather that gives idiots license to sneer at climate change.
There's still some snow on the ground where I live. Bad, because it means I can't go crutching in the park because I only like doing it if I can get off the paved surfaces. I took this picture last week. Look at that sky. There is such beauty in the world, sometimes, no?
 

4 comments:

  1. There is indeed.

    Glad to hear the results were good, and hope the prostate continued the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, beauty indeed there is. ❤️
    Glad to hear the good results, hope prostate had a good result too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your snide remark about how the total lack of evidence causes people to sneer at "Climate Change." How is it that someone who just can't bring themselves to believe in God can buy into the religion of "Global Warming" ?!

    I wouldn't have said that, but you got good news. Happy for that. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being happy for me, James!
      In my local paper today there's an article about how trees in New Jersey that had firm roots when the Pilgrims landed are dying because of the salt water they're getting soaked with due to rising sea levels. About ninety percent of the scientific community says global warming is real and that it's caused by human activity. (Much of the other five percent are funded by the fossil fuel industry.) If I have a bias toward science, it's likely because if it weren't for science, the bone cancer I'm dealing with now, which was first diagnosed when I was four, would have probably killed me by the time I was ten. And no amount of praying would have stopped that.

      Delete