Thursday, September 4, 2014

Joan Rivers was funny

At one time, she was but another struggling entertainer trying to make it in a crazy business that a tiny number of people do successfully. This picture is of her at age 35, in her first film role. The movie was "The Swimmer." It was based on a short story by John Cheever and starred Burt Lancaster. Rivers was only in it for a minute or so.
"joan rivers" "the swimmer" movie "John Cheever"

Some of her jokes:

After lovemaking do you: A) go to sleep? B) light a cigarette? or C) return to the front of the bus?

If I found her floating in my pool, I'd punish my dog.

I have no sex appeal; if my husband didn't toss and turn, we'd never have had the kid.

You know you're getting old when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work.

A child can be taught not to do certain things, such as touch a hot stove, pull lamps off of tables, and wake Mommy before noon.

I once dated a guy so dumb he could not count to 21 unless he was naked.

Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.

No comments:

Post a Comment