It's too early to write up his will, but still. The Loser is 55 and his father got a prostate diagnosis at age 60, so the Loser can't help but think his time is here. Besides, he is a Loser and he knows himself better than his doctor, who is just for sitting back awhile and getting retested in three months. Note this now: It will be cancer, full blown.
His father made the Loser wonder how he'd deal with his own illnesses when they came.
He decided to:
- Shut up about it; tell no one
- If he didn't have a loving wife or kids, do little to stave it off (he has neither). Why live for years wearing diapers and scheduling appointments when your life is meaningless?
- Read more
- Meditate more
- Eat out more
- Visit the friends and places he made when living overseas in the 80s
- Do something about getting laid (it's been fifteen years to date) or at least go to strip joints
- Give or otherwise dispose of everything that wouldn't fit in an overnight bag
- Get stimulates and other drugs and take them
- Rather than die gasping in a hospital bed, write a nice goodbye letter and hike deep into the woods with a bottle of great alcohol and a fist full of pills. Bury self, take a fatal dose, die quietly, be absorbed by nature