Sunday, April 4, 2021

Half vaccinated

 


It feels funny to be half vaccinated the way I am now. In between shots. I'm somewhat safer, but not completely. It seems to make many less cautious, but in my case more so. Even when fully vaccinated, there's a ten percent chance you can catch COVID. You probably won't get as sick as you would if you were unvaccinated, by who wants to take chances? 

Overall, it's good to have some protection, even though I seldom go out and when I do it's to uncrowded grocery stores. 

Life drags on as before. I sleep at odd hours and get up in part just to get the newspaper off the driveway so my neighbors don't think I'm dead. I eat tiny, healthy meals in a futile effort to lose a few pounds. One one indulgence is eating artichokes, which remind me of my mother because she, my brother, and I would eat them when my father, who saw little point to them, was on business trips. They are a convenient way to consume melted butter without going to a movie theater.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill--I just read a New York Times article from 2018 about a stage iv lung cancer patient summiting a mountain in the Himalayas. I came across this article after finding the author's Twitter after reading a more recent article he wrote. I saw your comment where you said your osteosarcoma would kill you, probably within a year. I followed the url you included to your blog, and was so, so happy to see recent posts. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time. Every day counts, and I am happy to see you've had a lot more days than you'd anticipated back in 2018. Take care.
    --Catherine in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I wish I had the capacity to care as much about strangers as you do, but if I'm honest, I simply don't. I mean, I do, a little, but not as much as you do.

      Delete