Sunday, August 2, 2020

Bone cancer surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow will be a lousy Monday for me. Heat, rain, and bone cancer surgery the aftereffects of which, I'm pretty sure, are going to be painful and messy. A large piece of my right pelvis removed, an add-on procedure two and a half years after having my right leg amputated.
Has there ever been a worse year in memory for the majority of those now living than 2020?
My cancer has two qualities I lack: Persistence and ambition.
Americans are said to have an incorrect idea of what irony is, so I won't call it that in case I'm using it wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know for sure, but it sounds like irony to me. I hope your surgery goes well and they give you what you need to control the pain. Keep us posted. Sending good thoughts out to you.

    ReplyDelete