Friday, December 7, 2018

Cold Days

The past few winters have been freakishly cold in the Mid-Atlantic area I live in. Because of that, the normal temperatures we've been having lately have felt harsh. 
The cold, dry air has aggravated my eczema which, me being me, is primarily on my face. 
The skin on my face is an exercise in diversity. The skin around my eyes, the corners of my mouth and my laugh lines is crimson and dry; it looks like those pictures you used to see in Time Magazine of riverbeds in places that have had a five-year drought. Meanwhile, the skin on my scalp, forehead and nose is pumping out oil much the way it has since I was a teenager, over four decades ago. My skin, along with the missing right leg, has me feeling more hideous than usual. Fortunately, the cold weather makes me want to stay indoors anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment