Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Mine eyes

Yesterday, I had an appointment with a doctor who I'm hoping will be able to zap the cancer out of my prostate gland. I've had a degree of cancer there for awhile now but I've been putting the sarcoma and the broken shoulder ahead of it.
Often these days, when seeing doctors you meet with a resident first. The resident takes some information and tells you things the doctor will tell you before going out and telling the doctor what you just told the resident. There's some redundancy there, of course, but that's probably for the best.


The resident was a woman. That's a surprise; not many women go into treating men for prostate issues. After I told her about my various problems and poor odds of survival she asked my if I was coping with it all. I shrugged and said yes. She looked genuinely concerned and a little doubtful of my answer. I didn't think anything of this until I got home and looked in the mirror.
The psoriasis around my eyes has flared up lately. I've been putting the prescription medicine I got last year on it when it first emerged as a problem for a few days but it hasn't calmed the condition much yet. Red and baggy. I looked like I'd been crying all day, and I'm guessing that's what the resident thought. That was sweet of her.

2 comments: