Saturday, February 12, 2022

New car!

 My 1998 Toyota Camry was in the shop for three days this week having its front bumper replaced due to having been hit in a parking lot by a careless driver. Insurance paid for a rental. The rental was a late model Audi Quattro. 

It wasn't easy going from a '98 to a 21st century automobile and yes, I was looking for a keyhole when I got in it. All that tech! I didn't drive it long enough to trust the backup camera, and I'm still impressed by how the multiple cameras stitch an image of your surroundings to make it look as if you're getting images sent from a hovering drone. 

A funny thing about driving a new car is how fast you get used it. I drove the Audi as little as possible and didn't touch it at all for one of the days. (Putting gas in it wasn't needed.) Yet once I'd swapped back to the Camry, which is ten inches lower, I paused a little when I first exited it, wondering how the ground got so much nearer. 

The new front bumper on my car, by the way, makes me think of someone who's had a facelift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment