Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Odd thoughts

My Nutri Ninja Pro blender started to smoke two years ago. It smelled awful. I couldn't tell where the smoke was coming from and assumed the motor was the source. Wrong. The
Bad blender.
lower part of the blade assembly was rubbing against the body and the friction heated it up. The blender wasn't so old. Scrolling through reviews of it on Amazon yesterday, I saw that at least one other owner had the identical problem. A replacement part costs $35, not too far from the cost of getting a new one, $50. I looked and found a better blender, at least based on reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, for $150. 

Then I thought, what if the next scan that I have every three months shows that the cancer, which is untreatable, has spread to my lungs, meaning I'll be dead in a year or two? Why would I need a Cuisinart blender of much better quality? I doubt I know anyone who would want it when I die.
Good blender.

Then I thought about how strange it was to think such things and how doing so would have been unimaginable to me not long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment